Pain management can be a simple task or a very complex one, depending on what causes the pain. An example of a type of pain that is less complex would be the pain caused by nerve root irritation due to a herniated disc that also comes with pain radiating down the leg. This condition can often be managed by an epidural steroid injection and physical therapy. However, sometimes the pain simply does not want to go away. This case may require a wide variety of skills and techniques to treat and manage said pain. Of these skills and techniques needed:
- Interventional procedures
- Medication management
- Physical therapy or chiropractic therapy
- Psychological counseling and support
- Acupuncture and other alternative therapies; and
- Referral to other medical specialists
All of these skills and services are necessary because pain can affect all aspects of a person’s daily life. That is why West Boynton Medical Center located at Boynton Florida is one of the best places you can go near your home to manage your pain
West Boynton Medical Center
When you are dealing with pain management, you need your medical center to be near you. That is why West Boynton Medical Center is one of the best choices for you. Located in Boynton, Florida, West Boynton Medical Center is at the top of list of pain management centers in Florida.
They offer great ways to deal with different types of pain, like Illness, Chronical pain, Detox treatment.
West Boynton Medical Center has a vision, which is that they strive to implement safe and doctor approved methods for conditions, symptoms, and medical concerns that their patients experience. Their alternative approach to medical care enhances the patient experience and provides confidence for care. West Boynton Medical Center goal is to be the best pain management clinic in West Boynton and Beach areas.
West Boynton Medical Center
Lead by Dr. ROBERT Z. GOLDSTEIN, MD, the center provides many pain management services, of these services the treatment of various types of chronic pain.
Chronic or persistent pain is a type of pain that carries on for a period of time that is longer than 12 weeks despite taking medication or undergoing treatment.
Most people get back to their normal life after pain following an injury or even an operation. However, sometimes the pain stays with them for a longer time or in some cases, comes on without any history of an injury or operation.
Chronic pain may also affect people living with these conditions:
- Irritable bowel
- Back pain
West Boynton Medical Center treatment of Back Pain
At West Boynton Medical Center, you get the best treatment you can get for managing your chronic pain.
Of the numerous treatment concerning chronic pain at the center, treatment of Back Pain is truly remarkable.
Back pain is one of the most common forms of pain amongst people worldwide, and it is a leading cause of disability all over the globe.
Fortunately, you can take some measures to prevent or relieve most back pain episodes. However, if those measures of prevention fail, consulting a professional to help you ease the pain is recommended. At Pompano Medical Center, you will find the best physicians that will help you with your back pain.
Symptoms of back pain include:
- Muscle ache
- Shooting or stabbing pain
- Pain that radiates down your leg
- Pain that gets worse when bending, lifting, standing or walking
- Pain that improves with reclining
Causes of Back Pain
Back pain that comes on suddenly and lasts a period not more than six weeks (which is classified as acute back pain) can be caused by a fall or cause of heavy lifting. However, Back pain that lasts more than three months (which is classified as chronic) is less common than the acute pain.
Back pain often develops abruptly and your doctor cannot diagnose without imaging. There are some conditions that most of the times are the causes of chronic back pain, these are:
- Muscle or ligament strain: Caused by repeated heavy lifting or a sudden awkward movement. These two can strain back muscles and spinal ligaments. Especially if you are in poor physical condition, the constant strain on your back can cause painful muscle spasms, which can lead to the chronic back pain
- Bulging or ruptured disks: As we all know disks act as cushions between the vertebrae (bones) in your spine. The soft material inside a disk can bulge or even rupture and press on a nerve, which causes back pain. However, you can have a bulging or ruptured disk without any back pain, especially if you are in good shape, your muscles compensate for that ruptured disk. Disk disease often is found by accident when you have a spine X-rays for any other reason.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis can affect the lower back. In some cases, arthritis in the spine can cause the space around the spinal cord to be narrower than what it should normally be leading to a condition called spinal stenosis, which is a cause of severe back pain.
- Skeletal irregularities: It is a condition where your spine curves to the side (called scoliosis) this condition is not common amongst the young but amongst middle-age people.
- Osteoporosis: It is a condition where your spine’s vertebrae develop compressed fractures that is caused if your bones become porous and brittle.
Dealing with back pain
The big question that many people have when they are nursing their sore muscles is whether to use heat or ice on it. Experts say indirect ice — an ice pack wrapped in a thin towel — is the best thing to do for immediate relief.
If you get sore neck once in a while, you can take acetaminophen (Tylenol) or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) like aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), or naproxen (Aleve)to help ease the discomfort. Just be cautious about using NSAIDs regularly. Long-term usage can interfere with your muscle’s natural ability to repair itself, Goldfarb says.
Of the best places to go to deal with your muscle pain is the West Boynton Medical Center.
West Boynton Medical Center enhances your quality of life by getting the right prescription medications to help with pain treatment. They work with you to assess, diagnose, and treat your symptoms. Each individual is different so getting evaluated by their professional medical staff is crucial to treating your issues.
Doctors and staff at the West Boynton Medical Center have been working in the industry for a combined experience of over 40 years.
Lead by Dr. ROBERT Z. GOLDSTEIN, MD as the medical director. The Harvard University Graduate is the medical director for Pain Management, Addiction, and Patient care at West Boynton Beach center, Florida. He has been the director for several years and enjoys helping people and changing lives for the better.
They can ensure that the attention you get when you come into their office will have you leaving satisfied with the medical care you will receive.