It is normal to experience pains and aches because they indicate the nervous system reaction to indicate possible injury. However, when the pain persists there is a possibility that you are suffering from chronic pain. Chronic pain is a health condition that causes extreme pain that burns the affected areas. It normally lasts for more than 12 weeks as the body constantly send signals of pain to the brain even after the injury has healed.
Chronic pain affect millions of people globally and it can either be intermittent or steady. According to studies, it is the main cause of disability in the United State especially among the old. Chronic pain can affect any part of the body and can limit the body mobility, reduce the endurance, strength and flexibility of the body. This might affect your daily activities and tasks when not treated on time.
Some of the most known types of chronic pain include cancer, psychogenetic pain, arthritis pain, headache, lower back pain, post trauma pain, post-surgical pain and neurogenic pain.
There is no specific cause of chronic pain but factors like initial injury such as pulled muscle or back sprain can cause it. After the nerves are damaged, the pain become more intense and last long. Chronic pain can also start without any prior injury.
The chronic pain is treated using several medications such as:
- Over-the-counter pain relievers like the ibuprofen and aspirin
- Anticonvulsant and Antidepressants
- Pain relievers like codeine, morphine’s and Tessalon
- Medical procedures like surgery, nerve block, electric stimulation and acupuncture.
- Women Health is a medical branch that deals with treatment and diagnosis process of different conditions that affects the emotional and physical wellbeing of women. The diseases that affect women require distinct treatment. Although most of the women health conditions always goes undiagnosed and even the drug trials rarely involve women subjects. Women experiences health concerns that are very unique and exclusive such as birth control, pregnancy, menstrual cycles, menopause, breast cancer among others.
- Health conditions such as heart attack affect both men and women but women record high death cases. Anxiety and depression are also more common in women. The same applies to urinary track conditions and sexual transmitted disease that cause more harm to women compared to men. The following are some of the conditions that pose risk to women heath:
- Ovarian and cervical cancer: Ovarian cancer originated from fallopian tube while cervical cancer starts in the lower uterus. The condition cause pain but cervical curse more pain especially during intercourse.
- Gynecological Health: During menstrual period, it is normal for women to experience discharge and bleeding. But symptoms such as frequent urination during this period can be as a result health condition. Vaginal issues can indicate STDIs and in most cases only the mild infection is treated living the cancer to develop hence resulting to health conditions like infertility.
- Pregnancy problems: During pregnancy, preexisting conditions always tend to increase putting the life of child and mother at risk. Other conditions such as diabetes, asthma and depression can also harm them when not properly managed. Other health condition associated with pregnancy include drop in the red blood cells, induce depression among others.
- Women health are different and use distinct treatment to curb the situations. Women also have distinctive concerns such as skin care, aging, emotional issues and caregiving.
There is no cure for chronic pain and these drugs help you manage the condition by reducing pain and boosting mobility. There are other lifestyle remedies such as yoga, massage, meditation, psychotherapy, physical therapy that can be used to manage the pain.